Sunday, December 7, 2008

Home for Christmas

Before this post officially begins, I'd like to offer a small apology for my lack of posting. It's been partly because I'm busy, partly because I'm not sure what's interesting about my life, and partly because the computer's broken. I'm going to try and do better. Thanks for still checking.

After four years of Christmas being somewhat random (two years in a country where Christmas isn't celebrated, two years in a small house and we had to drive 1 1/2 hours to pick-up our decorations and couldn't use them all), I'm finally at "my" home for Christmas. I really enjoyed putting-up our tree, and fishing through all the decorations I hadn't seen in four year. And also reconfirming the fact that I have too many Christmas decorations. I think I might make a charitable Christmas decoration contribution to my brother-in-law who just bought a house, and probably doesn't have many decorations.

I added a few new decorations that we haven't used before. There are three baby's first Christmas ornaments. We had them last year, but I couldn't find them all. There is also a new ornament that we bought in Hawaii before we moved. I'm glad to have that one up because that was a great vacation, and the ornament a great reminder. A new nativity set, it is pure olive wood handmade in our previous country, and was given to us by some donors that we hosted when they visited. I also used some fresh garland on our porch. I have always liked the idea of having fresh garland, but it's a little pricey. I found a good deal at Sam's and bought some. Oh, yes, and I musn't forget NGK's own pink Christmas tree. This purchase came from her great-grandmother who wanted NGK to have her own.

We don't have anything on the outside of the house, except the garland and wreath, but maybe we'll get to that next year. I have decided that next year we will buy, hopefully, and new tree that is pre-lit. Enough of stringing lights, the only fun part is actually putting the ornaments on.

No comments: