Friday, August 24, 2007

Random Facts/Habits - Tag

I was tagged by mab for this one. I think I've been tagged before, but haven't participated as of yet. I'll answer, but I don't think I'll tag anyone, this seems to have made it around my blogging circle already.

Here are (drum roll please....) my 8 random facts/habits/quirks, whatever you want to call it.

  1. I really like to open packages, cd's, dvd's, anything that's new and with a wrapper. Even if I already know what's in the package. My husband knows this and lets me open his packages. Though the other day CDK inadvertently opened a package I had received in the mail. I wasn't very happy. I guess this stems from the fact that one of my love languages is gifts, so a package always seems like a gift.
  2. I like to eat certain foods with certain sized utensils. For example, I eat my ice cream with a small spoon, so I can savor it. I also eat my yogurt with a small spoon, but that's because too big of a bite of yogurt will make me gag (that's not just because of pregnancy, maybe this should be it's own quirk). I like to eat soups with large spoons. As for cakes and pies it depends. If it's a layer cake I like a big fork so I can get a little bit of each layer in each bite. But if it's that really good Cheesecake Factory Godiva chocolate cheesecake that CDK and I usually split, it's a small fork. Unless I'm threatened by his much faster eating pace than mine and I want to get my fair share. Enough on this one!
  3. I like to keep my food in the same place on the plate during the entire meal. What?, you may be asking. If I get up and go get seconds and sit back down and my meat isn't in the same place as it was before, I don't like that. I will often turn my plate around till it feels right again.
  4. Before I put the car in gear, I get everything in order. I adjust the mirrors, buckle-up, turn on the music and air, and put my cell phone in an easy to reach place. CDK says this is a quirk, I just think it's what I was taught in driver's ed and it's safer this way. If I'm trying to put in a cd, adjust my mirrors, and find my cell phone in my purse while driving, it's not good for the rest of you out there.
  5. OCD Grocery Shopping. You can read the post for a full explanation. Though I must admit, I got tired of my menu plan sooner than I had expected and am due for another. I've been out of this habit, and have missed it. It's on my to do list before baby arrives.
  6. I prefer reading non-fiction or story books over what I call "smart" books. I love books that are a story and I can't wait to pick up again. I would like to read more non-fiction and learn more, but it takes me forever. I think it took me a year to get through From Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Friedman, even though I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I do highly recommend it. My compromise has been biographies and historical fiction. This way I get a story and I'm getting a little smarter.
  7. I'm not extremely good at any one thing. Most people have one thing they're known for being really good at, but I don't. And I'm ok with that. I can do a lot of things average and a lot of things a above average, but I have no speciality. I was an average to above average player in most sports I attempted, I was an above average student, an average singer. I guess that makes me sort of a Renaissance woman, since I can do a lot of things pretty well. I wonder if I just don't have the attention span or diligence to get really good at one thing.
  8. When I return to my hometown or get feisty I fall into the accent from my hometown. I realized this as soon as I went off to college, that I did have an accent different than most others in my state, and especially other states. Since then I have been told multiple times that I don't have any accent and people can't even tell what state I'm from. I like that, not because I'm not proud of my state, but simply because I hope that makes me more adaptable to wherever I am and more approachable.

So there you have, KLK's random habits/facts/quirks. If you can identify, I'll be glad to hear it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 - nah! I like to turn my plate towards me so I'm closer to what I'm eating. I also usually eat one food at a time though I've loosened up on that over the last few years.

Split the food beforehand!! :) I eat much faster than I used to, trying to keep up with my husband. We went to McD last week and he started eating "our" fries so I had to get mine out before he ate all of them.

Jennifer

KarenD said...

Some of my borderline OCD tendencies came out in my random facts post, too. Why do we confess them here? Is our inner OCD-ness screaming to get out and make itself known?

nicole said...

I have food issues. I would be the same regarding the location of food on the plate if I got seconds. And I'm the same way about the car. Husband gets annoyed, but it just makes sense to get everything settled before driving.

Anonymous said...

I would love it if you could be around to open all my cd cases...I absolutely hate opening cds...I love the result of it, but I can never get the top stinky part off in one swoop...I usually get really frustrated...

KarenD said...

OK, I want belly pics.

Kelli said...

Don't worry, they're coming soon. CDK took some this weekend, I just have to decide which ones I really like and post one. I'm loving your "bump" blog. It makes me laugh and I totally identify with a lot of what you're saying.
Sounds like we need some pics of your bump too!

KarenD said...

I take pics after every drs visit... there hasn't been anything to show, yet... but maybe this week!

KarenD said...

Sigh, should I just give up on checking back for belly pics?