Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Reality Check

I don't want to be a downer today, but this article I found on CNN is disturbing. Take a few mintues to read about Iraqi women turning to prostitution to provide for their families. It's an extremely sad thought and turns me in two directions.

The first is to prayer, prayer for this country and its people that are literally dying and wasting away, and most without the eternal hope of Christ. It also turns me to praise, praise for all the blessings (though I don't always count them as that) I have been given. Praise for the small home, for the one car, for the job that provides. I live in a world where my biggest problem right now is that my house is too small. At least I have one. I've been convicted of my discontentment lately, and this article reminds me to give thanks, in all things.

Take time to pray for the situation in Iraq and for its people, and take time to thank the Lord for whatever He's given you.

No comments: