Friday, December 22, 2006

Fortunately, Fridays Always Come

I know Friday always gets here eventually, but some weeks it seems like it is an eternity before it arrives. That has been especially true this week, since it's the last week before Christmas, and, since at my wonderful work place, we get the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off. All I can say to that is "Hallelujah"!

But it has been a long haul to get to Friday. Wednesday started the ever-increasing flow of people walking by my office and saying "Merry Christmas. See you next year." They are the lucky ones who are taking extra vacation and adding a little time to their holiday. I, on the other hand, haven't been employed here six months yet, so can't take the vacation time. And today, Friday, I know the office will be very quiet. I've volunteered to help take down the Christmas decorations, so maybe that will waste some time. And there is a rumor that we'll be allowed to leave early anyway, so that would be nice. We made it to Friday.

No comments: