Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas in America

After spending two years in a country where Christmas isn't celebrated by the majority people (and spending the holiday camping in the desert, by choice), I was looking forward to a Christmas at "home" the way I remember it to be. Well, I quickly realized that while my idea of Christmas at home had stayed the same that wasn't necessarily the way it was going to go. #1 I had to travel an 1 1/2 hours to actually get my Christmas decorations. Why you ask, because most of our stuff is still in storage in the previous town we lived in. Why, you ask again. That leads to difference #2. #2 Our current dwelling is only 650 sq ft. Our previous stateside dwelling was almost 1800 sq. ft., so you can imagine, not everything fits in our new one. And there wasn't much room for the Christmas tree. After deciding I wasn't going to move the breakfast table out of its normal spot, I used a small space beside the entertainment center and sort of smushed it against the wall and entertainment center. It works and it's a tree. And it finally feels like Christmas here in our little bungalow.

2 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea and Jeff said...

hey! so, obviously, i'm obsessed with reading other people's blogs as well. i loved the pix of you, chris and callie at little jack's party - i wanted to be there, too! i would love to hear how things are going for y'all. how has transition been? how is school?