Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fa la la la la, la la la la

I LOVE Christmas music and I love playing it as often as possible during the Christmas season. There is a station that plays all Christmas music starting after Thanksgiving, so I've been listening to it at work and in the car. And as much as people laugh about Christmas caroling, I'm a dorky person who would actually like to go Christmas caroling.

But this year I've been reminded that there are Christmas songs I don't like. This list might get longer as the day goes on and I hear more songs on the radio.
- The Christmas Shoes
- Santa Baby - especially the version Madonna sings
- The Alvin and Chipmunks Christmas song
- Christmas songs by the Jackson 5
- Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses (added 11:23 am)

This is no reflection on any ones talent, but for some reason these songs, or these artists singing Christmas songs, just don't work for me. On the flip side, my absolute, all-time favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. It's my favorite and my dads too.

2 comments:

nicole said...

I ranted about Christmas music not too long ago. I have a feeling I know what station you are referring to, and I have major issues with their playlist. So, I made myself a mix CD with songs I like (all pertaining to Christ in some way, but not all traditional) and I listen to that all the time instead. I really don't like that a Christian station will play secular songs just b/c they are Christmas related, but have nothing to say about Christ. But maybe I'm a bit Scroogish in that respect.
O Holy Night gives me goosebumps when done well.

Kelli said...

I don't listen to that Christian station because it drives me crazy. A bit cheesy sometimes. This is a regular light station that still mixes in secular and religious Christmas songs, which I like. There are a lot of Christmas songs I love that are just about the season in general.