Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Opening the Box

I'm convinced that God placed children in our lives to teach us more about Him and to simplify, and mature, our faith. NGK continues to teach me new things everyday.

A couple of weeks ago she was fidgety and not happy, so I decided to open the Cabbage Patch doll that she got for Christmas. I thought a new toy might do the trick. As I sat there and opened it in front of her she was more fidgety and "demanding" to play with the doll. She couldn't seem to wait the 30 seconds it was taking for me to open the box to get her hands on the doll. In my mind I was thinking "NGK, just be patient. If you'll wait just a few minutes I'll give you what you want and you'll be happy. If you only knew that I know what's best for you and I'm not going to keep it from you."

Not a mili-second after that thought came across my mind, I stopped cold and realized, how many times God must say this to me. "KLK, just be patient. If you'll wait for my timing, I'll give you what you need and you will be happy, in me. If you would only trust that I know what's best for you and I'm not going to withhold it from you."

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

6 comments:

amy said...

First off--Amen!!

Second--I can't wait to see NGK with her Cabbage Patch. How fun!!

Anonymous said...

make that another AMEN!!!

cs

nicole said...

Good point. Did you mean to use your real names?

Kelli said...

Umm, no Nicole I didn't mean to. Just a brain fart I guess. Thanks for the heads-up.

Rosemond said...

The lessons keep coming! Wait until NGK is totally verbal and asks insanely theological questions!

Kelli said...

Theology is Dad's department, not mine!