Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Book Recommendation - Though I've Never Read It

Strange right? Recommending a book I haven't read. Well, I've looked for a book about Perpetua, a saint martyred in the third century, ever since we visited her place of martyrdom in Tunisia. We stood and looked-out over the few remains of a Roman Coliseum as our friend told us her story. After that I walked around the area silently and was incredibly moved by what had happened in that place and how God had worked in that woman's life.
My friend Alison recommended the book on her blog. So I wanted to pass this along. Though it's a fictional account, the sacrifice Perpetua made is true. I can't wait to read this.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am so honored to be featured on your blog!:) And when Brandon brought home Perpetua for me to read, all I knew about it was from your mentionings about her when you and Chris went to Tunisia--but that was exactly what perked my interest in reading it! The book is on sale on www.relevantbooks.com for only $7.99 now, and I think that may be cheaper than on Amazon! Let me know if you get it!

Anonymous said...

I'll heartily agree with Alison's recommendation -- it's a great book!

@Alison: Howdy, ol' purple-penned editor friend! I tried to post on your blog (where I've been lurking), but it won't let me without a google/blogger account. So, I'll hope you'll read this comment on k's blog.... Your daughter is beautiful & I'm so glad you & Brandon are doing great!