Thursday, February 19, 2009

Switching Sides

So how did you chose your side of the bed when you started sharing it? I'm not really sure how I chose mine, but I picked the left, if you're lying down, on your back. And for almost 8 years now that's what it has been. CDK has always begged me to switch just for one night. I told him someday in our marriage I would, for one night, but don't know that I planned on following through.
With the arrival of our new bedroom furniture there weren't many options in arranging it and my dresser had to be put on Chris' side of the bed. His side is also closer to the bathroom. So with that we decided to switch, and he said it will also be better for whenever I'm pregnant again to use the bathroom a million times a night.
Last night was the first night and I didn't sleep well. I kept waking up disoriented and wondering why Chris was on the other side of me. How long will it take to break an eight-year-old habit? I don't know, but hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

4 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

this is funny. i don't know if i could do it, but jeff always asks me to as well. maybe one day! hope you get some good rest tonight!

KarenD said...

We switched when we moved in 2006 because my dresser was on the other side. Then when I got pregnant, we switched again so I'd be closer to the bathroom. When we moved last year, fortunately that side I had FINALLY gotten used to was the side closer to the bathroom and the dresser ended up on the wall opposite the bed. The arrangement can complicate things for sure!

(My side now is the right side if you laying on the bed on your back.)

Kelli said...

I'm still not sleeping very well. I woke up one night and couldn't figure out where Chris was then realized I was looking the wrong direction.

nicole said...

Funny. I sleep on the left, if you are laying on your back. I didn't get to choose. Husband claims he can only fall asleep if he is laying on one side and so on and so forth, so I just go along with it. I can sleep well on either side.