Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day!

What a surprise when I woke up at 5:30 this morning to find the ground covered in snow. I know you won't believe it if you know where we live, but it's true. Though my initial reaction wasn't excitement. I had stayed at worked till 9 last night preparing for a very important meeting this morning at 8. I had planned to leave the house and be at work by 6:30 to make sure everything was ready to go. Since my employer so easily seems to dismiss work I figured any minute I would see the name scroll across the bottom of the television, but nothing.

So I proceeded as planned. I got ready and at 6:10 very subtly asked CDK to clean off the car for me (he's so sweet). I got in the car, bundled up and ready to go. The roads weren't slippery, just white. It was hard to see the lanes, and for the most part people were driving sensibly. About 15 minutes into the drive CDK calls and says work is cancelled. I was relieved because I didn't want to get all the way there and then have to turn around.

When I returned home I ate breakfast, called the parents, and got dressed in warm clothes. We went and walked around campus for awhile and CDK took pics with his new camera. Then we came home, took a nap, ate lunch, and plan on goofing off the rest of the day. Oh, and I want to make chocolate chip cookies, but don't know if I have the ingredients. It's a good day! And, the snow day leads to my first ever picture post.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Beautiful pictures! There's no WAY I am going to believe that's Texas!